Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yea! I Didn't Crash!

Last week was a big week. I lived at high altitude, did my little bit of skiing, and had company. And yet I avoided crashing.

There are several reasons for this. I continued to pace carefully. I took two rest periods everyday—and when I cannot sleep I rest and practice relaxation exercises. I have started monitoring my heart rate, making sure that it rarely exceeds 60% of my maximum heart rate (a little challenging at high altitude!) And our company was entirely gracious, warm and caring. They showed unconditional love.

Unconditional love is a healing balm for your soul and is good for whatever ails you. God's love, in which I trust, is unconditional but sometimes we feel it most through other people.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Hi Jacqueline
Just wanted to stop by and read your blog....thanks for your comment today on mine. So glad you were able to do what you did and keep from crashing. What you do to manage the CFS/ME is what I learned from Bruce Campbells courses on this illness. Have you taken those?
Look forward to reading more of your posts. God bless.

Jacqueline said...

Thank you, Renee...my New Year's resolution this year is to do things 'the Bruce Campbell way.' It sounds so simple but it takes more discipline than one would think. But I'm trying.