Saturday, May 14, 2011

Still Reveling over Mother's Day and Baffled by our Colorado Springs (no pun intended)

My Mother's Day bouquet from James
  I have been enjoying the memories of Mother's Day all week. I woke up that morning assuming it would be a quiet day with Kim. It was a lovely, warm spring day as Mother's Day should be and I was happy for all the mothers who had various activities planned with their families. Sadly, there was no expectation of seeing Sarah on the east coast or Sean on the west coast and I assumed our youngest, James, was busy with his work at a nearby Camp. But James surprised me early afternoon with flowers and a thoughtful gift. We had a pleasant lunch on our deck and I felt blessed. In the evening I heard from both Sean and Sarah via phone and the nature of their conversations gave me additional joy.



Dining al fresco on Mother's Day

 
Even the recent snow cannot dampen my happy memories of Mother's Day!


No comments: